Saturday, December 15, 2007

Welcome to our blog! It has been a busy and very fulfilling weekend. We have been readying a few orders for Christmas. They have been such fun orders to make though! While I readily admit that I do carry several soaps that utilize fragrance oils, my passion, my true love, is making soaps with natural herbs, spice, additives, and essential oils.

We have nine batches of soap to complete this weekend! Six down, three to go! My favorite so far is the Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey from the Naturals line. (Insert deep sigh of contentment!)

It has local honey bought from a little Amish store not too far from here, organic oats, and goatmilk. It has a wonderful smell and, paired with the creaminess of goatmilk, really could be my most favorite soap.

Isn't it funny how some things just never lose their enjoyment? Soapmaking is that to me. I have a few more batches to make yet and I have to say my mind swims with possibilities of swirls and clays. It's amazing that I dream of little else except soap when I have to make several batches all at once.

Well, all this to say: Welcome to True Vine's new blog! We'll enjoy having you here and we hope you enjoy watching our process from behind the scenes.

God bless,
Kelly

No comments: